Saturday 28 November 2009

First Snow

















We had the most amazing storm last night. The rain started all at once, just a down pour, followed by hail, then the lightening so bright I had to put on my sleep mask to protect my eyes. The thunder that followed shook the whole house. The girls ended up running upstairs and climbing into bed (been a while since that happened). Some time in all of this it turned to snow - about eight or nine inches.
The bunnies love it! I have not seen Hamish this excited since before we took away his manhood. They are building tunnels under the chairs and into the big burm created by the snow that slid off of the metal roof - landing with another house shuddering thud.
I'm not sure I understand Franz's need to shovel the street. Who knows? So, guess we will not be going anywhere. Of course I am craving Thai noodles and we don't have the fixns. Oh well.
I hope this is not the start to a long winter. I know we need it, but I'm not excited to drive in it and I understand the good tires we bought five months ago are ready to be replaced. Always something.
Happy post Thanksgiving.


4 comments:

Michele said...

Cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Blah

StormRunner said...

The snow is so beautiful! But I won't miss syracuse and the enormous snow piles for 8 months out of the year. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

Nicole Hernandez said...

Crazy to think that it is Southern CA!