Friday 27 November 2009

A Full Thanksgiving!

Mason de-cloves Addy's orange.
Cassie gives me the look.

Huh, Eloise also gives me the look.


Does MaCall look a little green? She lost her stuffing later last night.



Hunters take time to wii.

Lori and Martin spend some time with Elias.



Heidi, Darin, Luke, Franz and Mason watch the gaming - and playing.


Michele and Heidi put together the pieces, Lori takes time to put her feet up.
All in all it was a very nice Thanksgiving and birthday. I love being able to entertain. I have had a request from Nikki to post the vegan menu. I made cranberry sauce that was yummy! I made an olive oil and oregano potato cake and roasted root vegetables with thyme and marjoram vinaigrette. Both were very tasty. I also sauteed asparagus in margarine and lemon. Michele brought rolls, green salad and cheese cake (not vegan). Heidi brought a small ham and turkey breast, potatoes gratin and raspberry jello salad for the non vegans. We had pumpkin pie, apple cranberry something or other and a chocolate almond torte (vegan) with raspberries. It would seem that everyone really enjoyed themselves.
I took a break to take a bag of empty bottles out the the recycling bin and as I turned back to the house and saw the lights and heard the laughter from inside I suddenly remembered a prayer I made last year asking that someday we would have a house big enough to have people come for holidays. My prayer was answered - not in a process I would have considered, but we were blessed none the less.
Thank you to all who helped us on our journey this year. Thank you for my improved health, Franz and the girls. The health is top right now, as it has really helped to give me life again and to be a better wife and mother.
Hope you all had a good day!





3 comments:

Nicole Hernandez said...

Love "the looks" from the teenage girls! Sounds like a yummy dinner. We had a great time and were so happy to have Dan and Tami and kids here with us.

Michele said...

Thank you so much for sharing your home with us! It was a wonderful afternoon. I am so sorry about MaCall. I didn't think Elias spent much time around her, but I guess it didn't matter.

Potters said...

No, she was not feeling well when she woke up that day, but did not mention stomach - that came later.