Tuesday 17 November 2009

A Little Update

MaCall with the Redland's University Symphony.


My big furry boy - one of them...

Snickers and Hamish enjoy radish tops.
I know it has been ages and I really don't have time to be doing this. Homework is never done!
That is the thing with painting. It never ends. A painting always seems to need tweaking and there is always another three to work on. I am making good progress though.
MaCall has enjoyed playing with the Redland's University Symphony this semester. They had a concert the other night - played Quiet City by Aaron Copland - the trumpet and oboe were fantastic - Concerto for Two Horns and Orchestra by Bohrnstedt and Leonore Overture No. 3 op 72 by Beethoven. There was one other that was not on the program and I don't recall what it was. Ask MaCall. All in all it sounded great and MaCall felt good about her performance.
Fall has been lovely here. The bunnies are getting fat. Last night Franz and I were up at 1.10 in the morning to watch the Leonis Meteor Shower. I saw three meteors and went back to bed. The best one was viewed through the living room window. Fantastic.
Thanksgiving and my birthday are around to corner. I confess I have not had anytime to do preparation, but look forward to spending the day with family. I supposed it will go well, prepared for or not. We are though in need of a good jigsaw puzzle. Which makes Thanksgiving for me.
Hope you are all having a good autumn. I understand that we can no longer call it fall, as research now shows that leaves to not fall, they are pushed. So happy Pushed!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I can't wait to see your bunnies, and hang out with you all. It's going to be so much fun.

Unknown said...

We've always called it autumn anyway! It's been a wet one here, especially in the Lake District where we've just been -loads of floods